Cranbrook is home to 17 citywide parks.
Cranbrook continues to experience unprecedented growth
Cranbrook is a city on the move with construction values that could topple $40 million by year’s end
The last 12 months have been very good to Cranbrook and area businesses. The city’s current construction values total $31,255,500, which is a 40% increase compared to this time in 2016. According to David Kim, who is the chief administrator officer with the City of Cranbrook, there is potential for the city to surpass last year’s record numbers.
“The growth back in 2016 was 55% at the end of the year,” said Kim on The Drive FM. “To me, it’s a very significant growth momentum that we’ve got here.”
His sentiments were echoed by Mayor Lee Pratt, who also said Cranbrook’s available buildings and land base haven’t gone unnoticed.
“We’re getting interest from outside developers now,” said Pratt.
He believes there is potential for the city’s construction values to hit $40 million by year’s end.
So far, the largest growth areas are in the commercial and institutional sectors. Commercial construction values are currently pegged at $5.3 million and institutional at $13 million.
Here are some of the expansions and developments taking place in Cranbrook:
- Wildhorse Surgical is a new medical office that’s being built by surgeons who specialize in head and neck surgery.
- Top Hand Supplies/Pets Go Raw recently embarked on a major upgrade of its office and manufacturing facility.
- B3 Industrial Ltd. is a new welding, metal fabricating and steel stop that has recently opened its doors.
- Fire Hall Kitchen and Tap is a 1$ million expansion project that’s taking place in Cranbrook’s historic fire hall.
- The Woodlands at Wildstone is a new development on Wildstone Golf Course that’s owned by investors from outside of the region.
- College of the Rockies is constructing a new $10-million trades building at its main campus in Cranbrook.
- Fitness Inc. is constructing a new 12,500-square foot facility in Cranbrook’s industrial section.
- Tamarack Centre, which is the largest shopping centre in the Kootenays, has undergone major exterior and interior renovations.
- Diamond West Trailer Sales recently moved to a new location on Cranbrook’s main Strip.
- Ashley Furniture HomeStore has undergone major renovations in recent months.