Did You Know?
Cranbrook has five major transportation terminals.
The Cranbrook-Kimberley Development Zone has a number of private schools, including a brand new cultural school:
- Kootenay Christian Academy – Cranbrook (K-10)
- Enrolment: 160, Capacity: approx. 180
- St. Mary’s Catholic Independent School – Cranbrook (K-6)
- Enrolment: 122
- Kimberley Independent School – Kimberley (K-8)
- Aqamnik Elementary School – Cranbrook (Independent school that mainly caters to Metis students but has some non-First Nations kids too.
- Enrolment: 53, Capacity: 60
- Rocky Mountain Distributed Learning – Based in Kimberley, this independent school offers elementary and secondary programs for home schooled students. It also delivers high school courses and offers courses not available in public schools. (K-12)
- Enrolment: 17
- Kootenay Discovery School – Based in Fernie, but it has a teacher who runs the program at Kootenay Orchards Elementary School in Cranbrook.