Kimberley Alpine Resort offers one of the top family-friendly skiing atmospheres in Canada.
If your business is aircraft maintenance, repair and overhauls (MRO), avionics repairs or aviation components manufacturing and you’re looking for ways to improve the bottom line, we can help. Whether you’re planning a new facility or simply looking to expand with a satellite operation, give us a call.
Driven by the Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC), our region is home to a burgeoning aviation industry. For your business, this means we offer:
- Demand: With over 20 flights a day and three major airlines, YXC connects 130,000 annual passengers to the world. Plus, it is Ministry of Forests – Air Tanker Base.
- Affordable land: 52 acres right next to the airport were recently rezoned for commercial airport land and development. Build your ideal office and hangar complex.
- Opportunity to grow: YXC received the William Templeton award, nominated by the Dean of Aerospace at BCIT, who highlighted the sustainability initiatives at YXC.
- Ideal location: The international airport is located directly between Cranbrook and Kimberley, which means no matter which city you choose to live in, your commute to work will be no more than 15 minutes.
- Sustainability: The airport recently received over $13 million in upgrades, for a total of $26 million since 2008.
Support for your business
Opportunities like this, in a region like ours, don’t happen often and they usually don’t last. Competition right now in this sector is low, which means success rates are high. Shipping and transportation for sales and support of your company’s products and services are in place. They include air, rail and multi-model facilities.
Finding qualified employees who are as passionate as you won’t be a challenge as the Cranbrook-Kimberley Development Zone boasts a high-quality local labour force with higher than average education levels.
Throughout our region are a number of private helicopters and aircraft companies that are compromised when systems go awry.
Office with a view
Whether it’s a shop, warehouse or manufacturing facility, choosing to base your business at the Canadian Rockies International Airport also means your office will boast the best view of the Rocky Mountains in southeastern B.C.
News in this Sector
Experiencing the benefits of collaboration The Cranbrook-Kimberley Development Initiative (CKDI) is a non-profit society, formed by local business leaders, the mayors and key municipal staff to present the two cities as one economic zone. This i …More Info
Commercial property values range -5% to 25% in Kootenay-Columbia region Property taxes determined by municipality are based on the assessment value provided by BC Assessment. So when assessed values go up, it typically means an increase in property tax …More Info
Cranbrook-Kimberley Development Zone home to Canada’s second fastest growing airport The Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC) has reported steady growth for the last several years—but 2018 was the most exciting. Passenger traffic increased by 2 …More Info